David Clarke Memorial Trophy
The David Clarke Memorial Trophy was given to the club by Marion Clarke. It depicts an archer from Henry VIII's warship "The Mary Rose" that sank during the "Battle of the Solent" in 1545.
The Trophy is awarded annually to a member who makes a significant contribution to the development and recognition of the club during a given year.
In 2015 the trophy is seen here being awarded to Sarah Linnell by Chairman Kevin Mace at the AGM
Sarah has proactively organised several
have-a-go sessions for the club during 2015 which have brought in a considerable
amount of revenue
for the club and inspired people to do a beginners course and become new members. She is also a regular volunteer when help is
needed in setting up shoots and have-a-go sessions.
In 2013 the trophy is seen here being awarded to Sylvia Underlin by Chairman Kevin Mace at the AGM
Sylvia has always functioned behind the
scenes procuring grants, organising have-a-go sessions and beginners courses and
is a level 2 coach and club treasurer.
She is the main driving force that has ensured the club's survival since the demise of the British Timken site.
In 2013 she was the person who negotiated and set up the indoor and outdoor shooting facilities that we now enjoy at Brampton Heath Golf Centre.
The trophy was first awarded in 2012 to
David Birch for his work on developing the club's website.
He is seen here being awarded the trophy by Chairman Kevin Mace and Lady Paramount Marion Clarke at the 2012 David Clarke Memorial Indoor Triple Competition.
2016: The Wright Family (Tim, Fiona & Harry)
2015: Sarah Linnell
2014: David Birch
2013: Sylvia Underlin
2012: David Birch